Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pesto, Cheese, & Fresh Tomato Pizza





This took an ridiculously long time to make.  I started it around 12:00 and finished it about 3:30 (about 20 minutes ago).  There was way too much drama with this pizza!  The first problem was my stupid leaking faucet in my kitchen.  I had to change the washers again (twice in the hot water), then when I started to add the water for the yeast, the hot water washer broke AGAIN, so I had to crawl under the house for the 5th time and turn the water off again, and change the washer again, and crawl back under the house (for the 6th time) and turn the water back on again.  I used the hot water in the bathroom after that!  On top of that, the recipe in the Cuisinart book for the pizza dough was all screwed up.  It made a runny dough, so apparently their measurements were wrong.  I remembered the crust I had used twice before that I really loved, but didn't know which "bon appetit" I had come from.  So I turned on my computer & got on my blog to find the right magazine cover.  Finally the dough was made.  Oh yeah, and the battery in my camera died, so I had to charge it for a few minutes, then take a photo, then charge it, etc.  All that stupid drama just for a pizza!  But, it was so worth it.  This is my one of my favorite pizzas I have ever made, easily a 10!  I wasn't sure I would like the pesto, but it's so good with the 3 cheeses and the diced tomatoes (I bought canned instead of fresh since I didn't know when I'd make the pizza & didn't want my tomatoes to go bad).  I wish I had taken a picture of the pesto before I added it to the pizza (or at least before I added the cheese on top), it was so pretty!  So far, all the recipes I've tried in the Cuisinart book have been very good, so I'm surprised the pizza dough recipe was so weird.  Oh well, I love this other crust w/ the honey in it.  Maybe I should rename this pizza "Worth the Drama Pizza"!     

No comments:

Post a Comment