Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

German Engineering




I can't fairly rate this recipe because I screwed it up.  It's supposed to be made with potatoes, but I ended up using rice.  I cooked the same hash browns I used for the BBQ potato & egg dish I made last week, but for some reason they burned.  I have no idea why since they cooked just fine last time.  So I was not able to use them in this dish.  The changes I made on purpose were: I used red wine vinegar infused w/ pomegranate (I really like that stuff) instead of sherry vinegar, I didn't have caraway seeds to use, & I used veggie sausage instead of kielbasa, and I added sage, garlic, and oregano.  It would have been better w/o the oregano.  And I decided to add leftover Italian cheese at the last minute (after I burnt the potatoes).  I could only rate this a low 7 because it was kind of boring, but still tasted okay.  I am pretty sure the potatoes would have made this an 8 1/2.  I'll try it again some time with the potatoes and even buy some caraway seeds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment