Search This Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cocoa Brownies With Browned Butter & Walnuts



The cover on the "bon appetit" magazine says these are the "best-ever brownies."  I disagree.  I made brownies for my ex-co-worker Natalie's birthday about 3 years ago that were a 10.  These are an 8.  I don't remember where I got that recipe from that I made for Natalie, but I remember that I added a package of vanilla pudding mix to the batter (my idea), and they were super moist and really yummy.  These are not bad, but the other brownies were much better.They were, however, very easy to make, and only took a few ingredients.  I made one pan w/ walnuts and one w/ pecans.  I only took one small bite from the pecan pan since these are for work tomorrow for Valentine's Day (as are the cookies), so maybe they'll taste better after they settle.  Anyway, not bad, but not the "best-ever"!

No comments:

Post a Comment