Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chow Sal-Mein




I made 4 wraps this afternoon.  I'm really tired, so I'll make this fast.  I was up late trying to get Zinnia of my neighbor's roof (long story), and wasn't able to sleep in, so I would love to take a nap in about an hour!  Anyway, I decided to make so many so I could have the fillings pre-made and just slap them onto a tortilla for my dinners all week.  I'll post these in order that I made them.  I started with this Chinese-style one.  This is the best one of all I've made.  Easily a 10!  I made a few changes to the recipe: I added 3 stalks of celery, and instead of water chestnuts (which I don't like) I used cashews (even though one's a veggie & one's a nut!).  And I didn't realize the recipe called for fresh ginger - I didn't buy any - so I just used powered.  I also, of course, omitted the salmon.  The only thing I would do different is double the orange-ginger sauce because it was a little dry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment