Search This Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cream Cheese Cutout Cookies AKA: The Little Red Cat Cookies




I've been waiting for a while to try my invention of The Little Red Cat Cookies.  I wanted it to match the signature drink I created.  I mostly cheated by not being 100% original like I was with the drink (but my Little Red Cat Pizza was original!).  I used the base for the cream cheese cookies I made for Christmas.  But I changed the flavors.  I changed the almond to cinnamon, but not like the flavor in cinnamon rolls, but like a red hot candy flavor mixed with the sweetness of vanilla, just like the drink.  I had planned on crushing up the red hots and putting them in the cookies, but when I chopped them in the food processor, I accidentally made them too fine like a powder, and not what I wanted.  I was glad to find the crushed ones at the store, so I got them this morning after the dough was made, so I just sprinkled them on top, but I like that idea better.  I was crazy about the drink, and I am about the cookies too.  Maybe not everyone's taste (since not everyone likes red hots), but they are a 10 in my book.  The perfect blend of spicy and sweet like Corin!

No comments:

Post a Comment