Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tagliatelle with Fresh Corn Pesto




After the cookies and wraps, I later made (5 hours later!) "Tagliatelle with Fresh Corn Pesto." There was the option of fettuccine, so I used that instead of the hard-to-find tagliatelle. I give it a 7. Only because I think it called for way too much basil, and I like basil better in small quantities. Next time I'll make it with a lot less. Actually, now that I think of it, I think I'll substitute the basil for dill. That would be good. Also, it's supposed to have a corn pesto on top (as the name says), but I don't have a food processor, so I just had to put it on top without it being pesto-like. Still not bad, just didn't like all the basil. Also, I couldn't find pine nuts, so I used peanuts and toasted them in the toaster oven. And it called for bacon. I cooked some veggie bacon, but decided at the last minute not to use it - I still don't think it would have tasted good with that on top. Maybe. Anyway, not a bad dish, but not great. I would like to try again with a few changes.
P.S. Note the yummy looking dessert on the cover of the magazine this recipe came from. It's "Blackberry, Lemon, and Gingersnap Cheesecake Pudding." That is on my wish list to try. Maybe next payday? Instead of buying gingersnap cookies though, I want to use the "German Molasses" cookies I made last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment