Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pancetta-Wrapped Dates Stuffed With Manchego Cheese & Mint







After the cookies I made "Pancetta-Wrapped Dates Stuffed With Manchego Cheese and Mint." I first saw this recipe in February in "bon appetit" and was very intrigued. I wanted to try it with veggie bacon instead of panchetta. And yes, it tastes as good as it looks! A 10! Wow! I couldn't find the right dates, so I just got the ones in the baking isle. They are supposed to be stuffed with a mint leaf and the cheese (By the way, I am surprised I found the manchego cheese - I had never heard of it before. It is really good!), but since I got the wrong type of dates, I just split them open and filled them with the mint and cheese (as in the photo) and then wrapped the veggie bacon around them. Any way, they are so yummy, a perfect mix of sweet and salty - the only thing I would change is that I should have added a little more cheese. This would be a must have appetizer on "The Little Red Cat" menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment