Search This Blog

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mexican Stuffed Peppers




I tried another cooking experiment yesterday. This time I was successful! I used the concept of stuffed peppers, but made them Mexican-style. I stuffed them with veggie "beef"

crumbles, southwest seasoning, re-fried beans, diced tomatoes, onion, and Mexican-style cheese. I put salsa and sour cream on the top (on off to the side for more). I think I could have even added black beans and rice, but I was afraid of adding too much. They were really good. My dad came over so I made them for him and he really liked them and took some home. Yeah, a good experiment! I know, my presentation is messy, but it sure tasted good! My only complaint was that I had to use a regular onion because just I was about to chop it, I saw mold, and had to run to the store, and the one close to home does not have sweet onions. Also, I think the peppers were not the best quality, but I couldn't help that part. I also prefer red peppers, but the ones at the store were really weird shaped (tall ad skinny), and wouldn't have worked for stuffing. I rate this one a 9 1/2 and would definitely put it on the menu at "The Little Red Cat."

No comments:

Post a Comment