Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Heavenly White Porcini Pizza




I made the "Heavenly White Porcini Pizza" on Saturday for my dad and me for lunch. I changed quite a bit about it. First of all, I did not have the right cheeses: Parmesan and fontina. I had used all the parmesan for the eggplant dish, and I was not able to find fontina cheese. So I used mozzarella and manchego cheese (all I had). Instead of parsley (which I don't care for), I used dill. Also, I knew my dad would not like a pizza without a sauce, so at the last minute I decided to add tomato soup for the sauce (I didn't have any sauce and no money to buy any). The crust was the only thing I did exactly the same, and it is the best pizza crust ever - really soft and yummy. When I was sauté-ing the garlic, mushrooms, and onion (I added the onion), I accidentally burned the garlic and onion, so I wasn't able to put any on the pizza, just had to pick out the mushrooms, but they tasted like garlic. This is an award-winning recipe, so I would like to try it again without the sauce and the right cheeses. But it was still pretty good, an 8 1/2. (I'm eating leftovers right now for an early lunch.)

No comments:

Post a Comment