Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Little Red Cat Specialty Drink







I decided "The Little Red Cat" would need a specialty drink that represented the luncheon's name. This is what I came up with. I give it a 9. I'm not sure it would be something everyone would like though. But I really like it. I'm especially happy with the way my ice cubes turned out. I had originally wanted round ice cube trays, but haven't been able to find them. I forgot I had the heart-shaped trays. The goal was always to add red hots to the ice cubes, and it turned out be perfect for the heart shapes, as it shows in the photo of the unfrozen trays, the red hots fit a perfect heart. Then when they were frozen, they look so pretty, I wasn't expecting that, it was a good surprise (I thought the red hots would be floating in the middle, but I like this better). I don't quite have the portions right yet, but it's a simple drink - club soda, cinnamon extract, vanilla syrup, and half-and-half. I got a lot of suggestions from Nicole at work for a red drink, all sounded good, but none of them reflected Corin's personality. That is the purpose of the name of the luncheon, so therefore, the purpose of the drink. It is sweet and spicy - it totally reflects Corin. I love it! I just need to maybe add red food coloring, and find some great red straws (the fancy, twisty kind). A few more tweaks, and it will be a 10!
P.S. I have photos to post of a dog costume contest I went to yesterday, but it's getting late, and I still have more to do, so I'll post them later. But it was fun, I brought Bailey as a dinosaur again,

No comments:

Post a Comment