Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Root Beer Baked Beans







On Friday I also made "Root Beer Baked Beans." It was one of those recipes I was intrigued by and just had to try. They were a bit disappointing; they were good, but not great. I added about half a jar of honey to it and that really improved the flavor. I used veggie bacon instead of actual bacon (of course), but did everything else the same (until I added the honey). Mom and I had these after the eggplant dish. She said the more she ate it, the more she liked the taste (She didn't try it w/ honey), but did not like the onion. I liked the onion. By the way, the silly picture of me in the surgical mask is what I decided to try to not feel like I've been pepper sprayed when I chop onions. It worked! All in all, I'd give this dish a 6 1/2 pre-honey and an 8 post-honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment