Search This Blog

Monday, November 12, 2012

Sicilian Caponata






I made this dish yesterday.  I changed it a little bit, but sort of unintentionally.  For some reason, when buying the ingredients to make this (My dad bought the ingredients because he wanted to try this dish after reading the "Little Green Dog" menu board on my refrigerator! I made it at his house.), I was thinking it was a pasta dish, so I got fettuccine.  But after reading the recipe right before making it, I realized it was supposed to be a veggie mix used as a sort of dip for crusty bread, which would also be really good.  But instead, I placed it over pasta.  I added the bratwurst to the guys' dish because there was a little left over from the soup (with meat 4th photo, meatless bottom photo).  This was so yummy with all the veggies and a little bit of balsamic vinegar.  Mel, dad, & I all gave it a 10!  We are all huge fans of Chef Ramsay's cookbook!!  The recipe called for capers, which I think are a veggie of some sort, but I couldn't find any.  I followed the rest of the recipe except for adding 2 peppers instead of 1 and extra celery.

No comments:

Post a Comment