Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Garnet Yams With Maple Syrup, Walnuts, & Brandied Raisins


This recipe came from the same 2010 "bon appetit" magazines that I lost.  I also looked this up on  their web site and copied it over.  This is also the 3rd year I have made this and it is also always successful.  And Mel & I also gave it a 10! It calls for brown & golden raisins, but I couldn't find the golden again this year, so I used the brown only.  Also, as usual, I soaked the raisins in maple syrup instead of brandy. This year I didn't drain them.  This was my contribution to the church's Thanksgiving dinner.  I think because they look dark in color, no one wanted to try them.  I was a little sad no one wanted them because they are so yummy.  Oh well, we love our church family yams or no yams! (sorry, lame joke)

No comments:

Post a Comment