Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Paula Deen's Yam Casserole With Pecan Crumble



The posting of the Thanksgiving menu begins... Ta dah!!  This was a new dish for me this year.  It will become a new tradition!!  I made it the day after Thanksgiving for our dinner with dad because I didn't have enough of the other yam dish left.  It is so yummy!!  My only complaint is that it called for a tiny bit of cayenne pepper.  I couldn't even taste it, but it gives me horrible heartburn every time!  Next time I'll skip the cayenne! You are supposed to layer this dish like a lasagna, but my yams were only enough for 1 layer.  Also, I doubled the ingredients for the topping.  Oh, and you're re supposed to pour a cream topping over the yams, but I was around a 1/4 of a cup short, so I made up the difference with veggie broth. Mel & I both give it a 10!

2 comments:

  1. I have made this dish. It has become a new tradition. So delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so where is the recipe? I see three pictures.

    ReplyDelete