Search This Blog

Monday, November 12, 2012

Lima Bean, Chorizo, & Red Onion Siup

I don't usually write anything personal on this blog since this is simply my cooking blog & personal issues are reserved for my other blog, but I do have a quick personal note. My step-mom, Vickey passed away Nov. 1. Therefore, my husband and I are spending as much time as possible with my dad to help him during this sad time. So, for a while, I will have three people to rate all my cooking.

I finally got to use my Chef Ramsay cookbook. I have been wanting one of his cookbooks for a long time. This is the first recipe I have tried. I made this on Saturday for Mel, Dad, and me. It was a huge hit. Mel gave it a 12! Dad gave it a 10, and I gave it a 9. It's supposed to have chorizo in it, but we couldn't find any this time, so Mel picked out the bratwurst. It was also Mel's idea to use both butter beans and lima beans. That was an excellent idea! I followed the rest of the recipe the same except that my bowl had veggie sausage (my bowl with veggie sausage on the left and in the pot, with the meat is on the right)! Mel says it is his favorite soup ever and requests I make it often!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment