Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Robin Miller's Green Bean Casserole With Roasted Panko-Parmesan Onions




This is another new dish this year.  I may or may not make it again.  I changed it quite a bit.  Part of the problem is that I ripped part of the recipe when I tore it out of the magazine and didn't realize it until the magazine was long gone with the trash.  You're supposed to make homemade onion rings coated in cheese and bread crumbs, but I didn't quite have the directions on how to do so.  Also, it was the last dish I made after 10 hours in the kitchen and was pretty tired of cooking at this point.  I'm sure I could have figured it out, but didn't have the energy.  I just chopped the onions and  added them to the casserole and used the cheese and bread crumbs in the layering.  Also, after it was done, it seemed a little boring, so I created my own honey-lemon-lime-butter with dreied cranberry dressing.  Mel says he hates green bean casserole, but love this dish.  We both give it a 9!  The homemade onion rings would have been a great touch and most likely made it a 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment