Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pineapple In Caramel Sauce




I made the pineapple this morning.  What a disappointment!  I can only give this dish a 6 1/2.  I think the fault is in the recipe for the caramel.  It was too thin and blah.  With that said, I am sure this dish has the potential of being a better dish.  One being to either use a better recipe for a caramel sauce (I have made much better from other books), or simply melt caramels in a pot, or even just buy some caramel sauce.  Then it would be pretty good.  I still have 1 can of pineapple left and some yogurt, so Ill try a different sauce later.  It would also be good with ice cream.  It would probably be good to dip the pineapple in the caramel and let it set rather than just drizzle it.  So, though not very good, I know it could be, so I will try it again later.  Oh yeah, I added cinnamon for sprinkling on top to give it a little better taste.  As for the photos: well, I don't have any dessert dishes, so I took 2 different photos: 1 in a coffee/soup mug, and the other on a plate.  So presentation is worse than usual.  Maybe next time I make it, I'll have a better dessert dish.  I really need to search the second hand stores for dishes to take photos on.  Maybe I'll even find one with a red cat!  

No comments:

Post a Comment