Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Deep Dish Pear & Apple Pie






I did a bit of cooking this weekend.  Yeah!  I made this pie yesterday morning.  It is the first time I've gotten to use my new food processor (that I got for Christmas).  It came with a lot of great recipes & a demonstration CD of some of them, including this pie.  I also made it because my dad has high blood sugar and the only sugar in this pie is the raw sugar on the top crust.  I used canned pears instead of fresh just because I forgot to buy them and had the canned at home.  Also, instead of dried cranberries, I used craisins with a blueberry infusion.  And I added cinnamon to the crust and to the pie filling.  And I forgot to buy lemon juice, so I used orange juice.  Oh yeah, and  it called for 16 tablespoons of butter & 2 of shortening (for the crust), but I hate shortening, so I used 18 tablespoons of butter.  This is a really good pie.  A 10!!!  Notice my narcissistic design on the crust (my initials). 

No comments:

Post a Comment