Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cheryl's Chili



I can't believe it's only 12:05 pm right now, because not only did I make the dog treats & the onion tart, I also made this pot of chili this morning.  It feels much later in the day.  I am taking care of a client's cat that needs insulin every 12 hours, so I had to leave for Eagle at 6:30 this morning.  I wanted to go back to bed, but decided to cook instead!  Anyway...  My friend, Cheryl G. made this chili recipe 1 or 2 years ago and I thought it was the best veggie chili I had ever had.  Yep, still is.  It is also a 10!!  I only made a few changes to the recipe: I added veggie beef, added 1 full onion instead of 1/2, I added and sauted some minced garlic with the onion & veggie beef, I used 1 can pinto beans & 1 can black beans (instead of 2 cans pinto), used 2 cans of diced tomatoes instead of 1 (because I love tomatoes), and the tomatoes were the Italian style, I skipped the cayenne pepper and the water.  I don't know how much chili powder I used, I just sprinkled it in.  Maybe an 1/8 of the container or maybe a 1/4.  I wasn't sure I was going to use the diced green Chile pepper (I am a wimp when it comes to spice), but I threw them in.  Glad I stuck with the recipe, the green chilies make it so good!  I forgot to buy the green onions for the top, but used the cheese and some left over sour cream from the onion tart.  This is so yummy!  I didn't think I would eat a whole bowl, but I've been munching on it while I've been on my blog, and I finished the bowl!  I would be so good on a menu teamed up with the onion tart (see last photo).  Thanks Cheryl for this amazing recipe!!  Since my dishes are all washed, maybe I'll go take a nap now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment