Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Honey-Roasted Onion Tart




I made this this morning, and when I took a bite, I must have said twenty "wow"s!  This is a 10!!!!!  I could not find creme fraiche (I never can), but I know you can substitute sour cream, so I did.  Also, I decided to use 1 onion instead of 2 because 2 seemed like too much (it would have been).  And I used veggie bacon (of course).  And I used red wine vinegar infused with pomegranate instead of red wine.  And after the stuffed squash I made at Thanksgiving, I realized I don't like thyme, so I didn't use any.  This would a great appetizer on a menu or with a side with a soup (see my next entry).  Love this onion tart!!  It was also the first time I had ever used puff pastry.  (P.S. I plan on making those brownies on the cover of the bon appetit magazine soon!)     

No comments:

Post a Comment