Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

Mozzarella In Carrozza



I tried this one after work on Wednesday afternoon (my 1/2 day, I'm usually home by 1:00).  It is very easy to make and pretty yummy.  It's like a cross between french toast & a grilled cheese sandwich.  It was so easy and tasty, that I even made it again last night when I got home from work, and I very rarely cook on work nights because I'm too tired.  I'll probably make it again when I am done playing with the computer today.  It was a little bland because mozzarella is a mild cheese, so when I made it again last night, I put a little bit of garlic in with the butter in the frying pan.  That gave it more of a kick and it was even better.  With the garlic, I give it an 8 1/2.  It's a dish that can easily be played with by switching up the type of bread and cheese.  It would be good with a slice of tomato too.  It has a recipe for tomato soup to go with the sandwich, but I didn't have the ingredients for it, but it would have been a good combination.  Also, the recipe calls for 1 egg white and 2 eggs and 3 tablespoons of milk, but that makes 6 sandwiches.  I just used 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of milk and that was enough for 2.  It also called for Italian bread, but when I saw the 9 grain bread, it sounded so good, I decided to buy that instead (it is a very good bread).

No comments:

Post a Comment