Search This Blog

Friday, November 12, 2010

Tagliatelle with Fresh Corn Pesto - Again




I decided to try the "Tagliatelle..." again.  As on Oct. 24, I used fettuccine instead of tagliatelle, and instead of pine nuts, I used peanuts (since I couldn't find either of those 2 ingredients.)  Also, again, I decided not to use the veggie bacon.  Last time I made this dish I only rated it a 7 because I'm not a big fan of basil.  This time I sautéd the corn with garlic, salt, and dill.  So much better!  Again, because I don't have a food processor, I couldn't create a pesto sauce, so I used the corn whole.  This time, I decided, at the last minute to add the half a carton of ricotta cheese I had left to the corn mixture, and layered it like a lasagna with the fettuccine and added extra Parmesan cheese.  This time it rates an 8 1/2, maybe a 9.  This is where cooking becomes a joy to me, when I can put my own spin on a recipe and it turns out good.  So I should change the title of this recipe to "Layered Fettuccine with Corn and Dill". 

No comments:

Post a Comment