Search This Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Shaved Zucchini Salad With Parmesan and Pine Nuts







This morning I made the "Shaved Zucchini Salad..." I took a few liberties with the dish. It's supposed to have olive oil in the dressing. My plastic olive oil bottle somehow cracked last week and leaked oil everywhere (it was a nasty spill to clean up). I thought about using sesame oil, but I really don't even like olive oil. It tastes like it's name, "oil," and I've never been a fan, even though it's very popular. So, I decided to use the left over vanilla yogurt from the cake. I still cannot find pine nuts, so I used peanuts again (toasted). Also, as I've mentioned before, I don't like basil, so I used just a little bit of mint. I used 2 lemons instead of one. And I used 2 kinds of zucchini: the "normal" kind and zucchini squash. Oh yeah, and instead of buying crushed red pepper, I bought an actual red pepper and chopped it small. The Parmesan cheese was supposed to be shaved like the zucchini, but I accidentally bought shredded instead of a wedge. I was not sure this dish would turn out. But it's easily a 9! Very good. Would be good on a summer menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment