Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Pumpkin Pie With Brown Sugar-Walnut Topping




I had some difficulty with the Pumpkin Pie.  I made this same pie last year and it was very good.  But the filling was not enough for 2 pie crusts.  I decided to double the recipe this year.  But I must have over-filled the crusts b/c it took almost 2 hours to cook through.  It is not as solid as pumpkin pies usually are, but the flavor is very good.  Also, I think so much time in the oven helped turn the topping into a caramel sauce.  So it ended up working out even better than last year!  I give it a 10, and will maybe make it again next year (I'd usually try a different pie every year.)  I accidentally downloaded these pictures in the wrong order, but I don't have time to fix it right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment