Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Baby Winter Squash With Spiced Orange-Currant Stuffing




The Thanksgiving cooking marathon began around 3:30 pm Wed. afternoon until about 7:30 pm, and then again on Thurs. 8:30 am until about 12:30 pm.  So I have a lot of pictures to post.  Since I'm a weird-o, I have to post them alphabetically!  This is the stuffed squash.  I used regular size squash for it since the recipe said either could be used.  And I bought 2 bags of diced squash for the filling so I wouldn't have to to so much chopping!  I couldn't find currants, which is too bad b/c currants are better, but I substituted w/ raisins.  And I used veggie broth instead of chicken broth (of course).  I think it may be the first time I've used thyme in a recipe, and I've discovered I'm not a big fan.  I think the dish would have been a lot better w/ less thyme.  It was a lot of work and took a lot of time, but it is a pretty dish.  I give it a 7.  I would probably make it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment