Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sourdough Stuffing With Sausage, Apples, and Golden Raisins



I changed a few things with the Stuffing.  I made this same stuffing last year but was lazy and used dried bread crumbs.  The dish was okay, but not great.  So this year I was determined to used fresh bread as the recipe calls for.  But instead of purchased sourdough, I made corn bread (from a mix, not from scratch).  This made such a huge improvement from last year.  Also, last year, I don't remember doing all the saute'-ing that this recipe calls for, but I followed all the directions this year.  Plus, last year I had bought apples, but they went bad before I could use them, so this year I was able to use all the apples.  The other changes are that I use veggie sausage and veggie broth.  This is really good - a 10!  I'll make it again, maybe even make the corn bread from scratch next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment