Search This Blog

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Gingered Cream Cheese Grapes



After the pizza yesterday, I made "Gingered Cream Cheese Grapes."  My sister gave me this Costco cookbook last year for Christmas & I'm finally getting around to using it.  It has a lot of really good looking recipes in it that I'm dying to try.  So far this week, the pizza & grapes are all I have the money to make.  I spent way too much money on Thanksgiving shopping, but I can't wait to get started cooking/baking on Wednesday after work and Thursday morning.  My favorite part of Thanksgiving is creating the food!  Of course I'll post all 5 or 6 of the dishes that I'll make.  Anyway... I made these grapes yesterday, and they are a 10!  Wow!  They would have to be made fresh and not sit for very long though.  They were in my refrigerator for a few hours ad near the end, they were starting to get a little soggy.  But that wasn't a problem, because I ate the whole pan!  They were so good and addictive.  I do need to make some improvements for next time though.  I used too much cream cheese on the outside and it should have been a better balance between the grape and the cream cheese.  They should have been  more like the photo in the cookbook - round, and less oval like in my photo.  It's the first time I ever used crystallized ginger and I love it - I now know why I'm always seeing it in recipes.  Easy to make and only 4 ingredients.  I will definitely make these again and again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment