Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Julie's Sausage-Stuffed Shells




Has it really been a month since I last posted?  Wow! 

I made this today for our lunch.  Super easy, and pretty good, but not great.  The flavors were all good, but I chose the wrong kind of sausage for this dish.  Mel gave this a 9, but I gave it an 8.  Here is what would have made it a 10:  As I said, using a different kind of sausage such as ground instead if links.  The brand is a very yummy brand, but the texture is more like a hotdog, and I'm sure you can see that is the wrong texture for stuffed shells.  I was originally going to use chicken, which also would have been better, but the sausage was a lot cheaper.  I was going to use spinach, but changed my mind at the last minute - that also would have been good.  Also, finely chopped onion and green pepper in either the sauce or the shells would have been yummy too.  Overall, they were not bad, but could use some improvement.  Next time I make these, I'll do better!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment