Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Layered Chicken Enchiladas




I made this for our lunch today.  Yum yum yum!!!   I can't remember where I even got this recipe, but I think it was off a bag of breaded chicken strips - I can't remember which brand.  That's about the only thing I changed about this recipe: it called for breaded chicken strips, but we both thought grilled chicken strips would be much better.  I also used corn tortillas, instead of flour.   Instead of using a large pan, I used to pie plates so I could make Mel's and mine a little different.  We both had the tortillas, grilled chicken, black beans, diced green chilies, and cheese.  The only difference was that Mel's salsa was a medium and mine was mild and mine had sour cream.  I usually don't plug grocery stores, but they have recently opened an Albertson's in our county and they sell this amazing salsa brand called "Signature Select."  They are a great price and have a large variety of flavors - they are truly the best salsas we have ever had. 

Anyway...  we both give this dish a gigantic 10!!  It is layered like the Mexican Lasagna I have made in the past http://animalsfaithmiddleearth.blogspot.com/2013/02/mels-favorite-foods-mexican-lasagna.html  but so much better!!  We have found a new favorite that will be made often! 

No comments:

Post a Comment