Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Julie's Baked Bean, Onion Ring, & Fried Egg Burger




Yesterday I said to Mel, "I know this sounds crazy, but what would you think of a burger with homemade onion rings, baked beans, and a fried egg?"  He said, "Sounds good to me."  So today I made this for our lunch.

I have never made onion rings before, but they were easy enough.  Just egg (dipped there first) and bread crumbs mixed with smoked paprika (bath #2).  Then I fried them in olive oil, red wine vinegar, and butter (because I didn't have enough oil left).  Mel says these were the best onion rings he has ever had.  They could have been a little more tender, but, yes, they were yummy!

I cooked the burgers in the oven (store bought, not made myself this time) because they were so thick and I was afraid I would burn them or not cook them enough if pan-fried (unfortunately, no BBQ grill).  They were perfect!  So, it went bread (not even needed), mustard, mayo, ketchup, burger, baked beans, onion ring, and fried egg (Mel topped his with hot sauce, of course).  Yummmmmm!  We both think this is one of the best burgers we have ever had.  Mel gave it a 12, and I give it a 10!  I will be making these again tomorrow (no bread though).

Yesterday's tuna was obviously much healthier, but this was better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment