Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2016

Julie's Cheesy Hash Brown & Gravy Casserole




Tonight I made one of those dishes that was a spur-of-the-moment-off-the-top-of-my-head dish.  (Not pictured is a pound of hamburger.)  I was just going to make spaghetti w/ hamburger and bacon (crumbled in like Mel loves), but I saw the yummy hash brown rounds thawing in the fridge.  I was originally just going to cook them this weekend as a side dish.  I asked Mel if spaghetti sounded better, or a hash brown casserole with gravy.  Guess which one he chose!!  I layered it with hash browns on the bottom, then hamburger (cooked in the spices you see), then 2 kinds of cheese, then country gravy.  I then repeated and added a little more of the dehydrated onion.  The 2nd layer had peppered gravy since there was not enough country gravy for the whole pan.  Anyway, we both loved it, Mel gave it a 12 out of 10, and I give it a 9!  Mel added Sriracha to his & I added salsa to mine.  I still have some potatoes left and Mel wants me to make this again in a few days (Tomorrow I'm making a roast - basic stuff, I won't blog about it. But do your hubby a favor, don't add carrots to a crock pot roast, instead use potatoes and onions.  Unless he likes mushy carrots, I am sure he'll love it this way much better! ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment