Search This Blog

Friday, May 13, 2016

Fruity Marshmallow Treats & Lemon, Strawberry, Mint Water



Instead of Rice Krispie treats, I decided to try these.  I used a generic version of Fruity Pebbles, the mini fruity marshmallows, and butter and vanilla and just followed a typical krispie treat recipe.  I know this seems boring to blog about, but they are so good!  Mel says they are the best marshmallow treats he has ever had!  They are very sweet so that makes it easy to eat them in moderation!

When I worked in dispatch (back in 1999-2001), I used to make rice krispie treats a lot for those of us on night shift.  I used to experiment with the normal recipe by adding things like chopped up: cinnamon bears (everyone's favorite by a mile), caramel squares, gum drops, and even dried fruit.  There is a lot of creative things to do with these including adding peanut butter, and any flavor chip (butterscotch is the best).  So as good as these are, I have had flavors I liked better - probably the cinnamon bear was my favorite as well.


This seems just as boring, but is also so good I have to share it.  This is (so far) the best fruit water I have ever made.  It's supposed to have fresh mint, but they didn't have any at the store and also no mint in the baking aisle (weird!), so I decided to take a chance and try real mint extract.  Yummmmmm!!  This is so good and refreshing - Mel and I can't seem to drink enough of it.  It's 2 large lemons and 1 package of strawberries and about 1/2 - 1 teaspoon mint extract (I didn't measure). 

I am on another fruit water kick, so I'm sure I'll be sharing more ideas soon.

P.S.  Water & treats both get big 10s from Mel and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment