Search This Blog

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving Dinner



In case you haven't noticed, I haven't posted much lately.  I don't want to whine, but our finances are pretty tight right now so I haven't been able to cook / bake as much as I would like.  Including for Thanksgiving.  If you are a regular reader of this blog, then you know I always go all out for Thanksgiving.  I typically home-make 1-2 pies, and at least 3-5 side dishes.  This year it all came out of a box or can.  Sad, I know.  But I did make my own candy yams by adding spices, honey, vanilla, & marshmallows to a simple can of yams.  Mel's turkey is to the left of the yams.  It was only about 1 1/2 pounds, but it was pre-cooked & pre-seasoned since neither one of us has ever cooked a turkey before (and I'm a vegetarian); we decided it was easier to do a small turkey this way.  Yet, in spite of the very simple dinner (it was all prepared in less than an hour), it was all very good.  And even if we had only bread to eat, being with my husband - the love of my life - it would have been feast enough for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment