Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Julie's Vegetarian Beef Vegetable & Bean Stew


This is my own recipe, which is why I call it "Julie's".  I never make it the same twice, and I think it gets better each time I make it!  It's such the perfect meal for a cold winter day and for a tight budget (because one pot will last a week).  Mel and I both give this a 10!  Mel says it was the best stew he has ever had - says it's "flavor heaven"!  I didn't take a picture of the ingredients because we have no heat in our house so it was super cold in the kitchen & I was trying to get in & out as fast as possible!   (we do have a space heater in our bedroom)  Here's what I used: diced potatoes, onion, & vegetarian stew beef sauteed in the bottom of the pot with olive oil, red wine vinegar, & balsamic vinegar, then added cream of onion soup, mexi corn, garbanzo, kidney, & black beans, diced tomatoes, and yams, then sage, sea salt grinder, and  pepper grinders in 4 different flavors.  So yummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment