Search This Blog

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Spiced Pan-Roasted Apples & Pears





Tonight was part 2 to our pre-anniversary celebration.  I made roast beef & veggie sausage hash http://animalsfaithmiddleearth.blogspot.com/2014/05/beef-hash-veggie-sausage-hash.html for our dinner & this for dessert.  Now this is a dish worth making for an anniversary celebration!  Mel & I give this a huge 10!  Seems so simple, and yet is so very yummy!  I omitted the alcohol, but it only called for a "splash."  And I couldn't find anise & the cloves were too expensive, so I just used ground allspice which I would do again.  Also, I added 2 extra TBS of butter after it all melted, and I didn't actually measure the apple juice, I just poured it in.  I will absolutely make this again.  In fact, I would make this instead of a cake any day!  There's nothing like fresh fruit!  Also, I think I would love to add a cobbler-like crumble topping to it.  Once again, Chef Ramsay's cookbook is responsible for another success!   

No comments:

Post a Comment