Search This Blog

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Pan-Roasted Eggplant With Sunflower Seed Dressing





This dish is actually titled: "Grilled Eggplant With Sesame Seed Dressing," but I again changed the title based on the way I made it.  I don't have a grill, so I sautéed the eggplant in the pan first, brushed with just olive oil, salt, & lemon pepper grinder, then added the oil w/ lemon juice and herbs in the pan and cooked them again to get the flavor of the herbs.  I couldn't find any tahini  (sesame seed paste) so I decided to make my own.  Of course, I then couldn't find sesame seeds, so I grabbed sunflower seeds instead.  I followed the rest of the recipe as the same.  I drizzled the top sauce w/ extra sunflower seeds & honey.  Mel doesn't like egg plant & therefore didn't care for this dish - luckily it wasn't part of the anniversary celebration!  It turned out better than I expected, and I really like the sunflower paste.  I would give this dish an 8 1/2-9, and would probably make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment