Search This Blog

Monday, May 5, 2014

Beef Hash / Veggie Sausage Hash







Yippee!  I finally got to cook a homemade meal again!  I am so happy to be back in the kitchen! 
I have blogged about this dish before as “Chicken Hash.” http://animalsfaithmiddleearth.blogspot.com/2013/09/chicken-hash.html  But the last time I made this, I tried it with beef & Mel liked it better & I tried a veggie version for me, so I thought I'd blog about it again! 
This time I thought I’d try the beef roast in au jus for different.  Mel says it is his favorite thing I have made yet!  I also added cilantro this time.  Instead of using the cream of mushroom soup this recipe calls for, I've been using gravy instead (as well as the au jus  from the beef), and Mel really likes that much better.  I always top it off with a little bit of cheese for the last 5 minutes of cooking.  I cooked the taters in coconut oil and the above spices rather than butter.
Mel always goes on & on about how good my homemade hash is, so I thought I'd finally make a vegetarian version for myself.  I used veggie maple sausage (my favorite vegetarian "meat").  I forgot to buy the cream of onion soup (my choice for this recipe), & I knew it would be too dry without something moist.  I decided to use the container of sour cream I had rather than go to the store for one item.  I will do that next time as well rather than use the soup.

Mel obviously gives this a 10+++, and I give it a 10 as well!  I will absolutely make this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment