Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2011

King Creole



I made 2 fillings for wraps yesterday, plus one other dish.  It works really well for me to do all my cooking on the weekend for the week so that when I come home from work I can just stick something in the microwave.  Preferably something homemade!  I made the chow mein filling again, but doubled the sauce as I said I wanted to.  Much better.  That one is still my favorite.  Then I made this one.  I think I mostly stuck to the recipe.  I only changed a few things:  It called for 1 tablespoon each of oregano and paprika, but I didn't want it to be too spicy, so I only used 1/2 a tablespoon of each.  Also, it called for onion powder, but that seemed redundant w/ the diced onions, so I skipped it.  And of course, I used veggie sausage.  I also added feta cheese since I had it left over from the "french kiss" tortilla I made last week (I didn't get a photo w/ the cheese).  This is my second favorite; an 8 1/2 or 9 with the cheese.  The great thing about this is that I had all the ingredients and didn't have to buy any thing new (except to get fresh celery which was less than $1)!  I will make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment