Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Easiest French Fry Recipe


I got this recipe from the PBS t.v. show "America's Test Kitchen."  Apparently they had experimented with several types of potatoes and oils and ways to cut and cook them, and this was the best way to make french fries.  They are supposed to be cooked in 6 cups of peanut oil, but I ran out, so I used 3 cups of peanut oil and 2 cups of vegetable oil.  So I guess I messed up their experiment by not using all peanut oil, but they still tasted pretty good.  They were pretty easy too; the only time consuming part was cutting the potatoes.  I would given them an 8.  If I was making them for a restaurant, they would need some kind of seasoning other than sea salt & I would create my own fry sauce.  But I do like the brand I used "Some Dude's Fry Sauce" is the best I have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment