Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Butterscotch Cookies







Nicole (my co-tech) is on vacation, so a sub tech is working today because I have to work on Friday (that way I don't end up working a 52- hour week). So I have today off. After getting my emissions testing done and doing a very small amount of house work, I decided to do something I love: cooking, of course. Well, baking actually. I made "Butterscotch Cookies." I think baking is so much easier than cooking; it's pretty hard to mess up a batch of cookies or a cake. And yet I can't even remember the last time I baked something. I only had $7 to spend today, so I decided to mostly use ingredients I already had, plus any form of oatmeal cookies are my favorite. I bought butterscotch chips and slivered almonds and the cookie sheets. I prefer the ones you see in the 2nd photo. They have the pre-made circles on them for perfect cookie placement. Plus, they are disposable. I prefer to only use my cookie sheets 3-4 times because after a wile the cookies will start to taste like the pan, and with the disposable ones, that never happens. I had to buy almonds instead of pecans or walnuts because they were the cheapest, and as I said, I only had $7 to spend. But I think almonds are good too (pecans would have been my first choice). I didn't read how much butterscotch chips the recipe called for before buying them, and turns out it called for 24 oz, and I bought an 11 oz bag. Oops! They would have been much better with the extra butterscotch, but then I wouldn't have had money for almonds. So, I guess it all balances out! I added cinnamon and honey and extra vanilla (would have been good with almond extract if I had it). I rated them an 8 1/2. The extra butterscotch and pecans would have probably given them a 9 or 9 1/2.
Note the third photo: that is all the space I have to use when cooking/baking. I hate my tiny kitchen. That little space makes it very difficult to cook, and things get spilled and/or broken a lot. Oh well, shouldn't complain, at least I have a house to cook in!

No comments:

Post a Comment