Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Lemon Noodles With Mushrooms




Then I made "Lemon Noodles With Mushrooms." I also gave it a 7. My noodles were too mushy; the package said to cook for 3 minutes, and I did, but they were too soft (I always prefer al dente). Plus too much garlic in the recipe, so I'll use 1/2 the amount next time. And it needed more lemon flavor, so I'll double that next time. With that in mind, if the noodles are firmer, less garlic, and more onion, I think it could be an 8 1/2 or 9.
I know my presentations are not artistic yet, but these are just quick photos today. For more cooking experiments, I'll figure out how to make my photos of the finished recipe look more appealing. On "Master Chef" if the contestants dishes weren't attractive enough, the judges wouldn't even pick the contestants' food for that round.
That's it for the cooking fun this weekend. I probably won't get to do this much cooking every weekend because I have to work it around my pay check (when I can afford the ingredients). Hopefully at least once a month I can try 2 or 3 new dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment