Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Coconut Vegetable Chowder







I did a lot of cooking this weekend. Friday I made this recipe for a potluck/harvest festival I went to yesterday with my mom (a Jewish festival called "Sukot). I wanted to bring something fall-ish, so I decided to try the "Coconut Vegetable Chowder" from October's Bon Appetite. As you can see by the recipe, I tend to change this a lot. This is what my recipes often look like when I'm done with them! I'm a sloppy cook too! But this was really yummy! You can see a plus 10 rating on the page. I always rate whatever I cook so I know if it's worth making again or not. This was a lot of work peeling & chopping so many ingredients, but so worth it. I doubled the recipe because I knew some of it was going to the potluck. But I had enough I froze a 1/3 and gave my dad a 1/3. I still have quite a bit leftover from yesterday too.
From now on, I'll try to take photos of the recipe with the ingredients (as will be posted next), and/or the food cooking and/or a photo of the finished product. Next...

No comments:

Post a Comment