Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Taco Stuffed Peppers



I made these for our dinner Tuesday night.  Stuffed peppers seem like an unoriginal thing to blog about, but this is a little different twist.  I got the idea from my supervisor.  Mel's had ground beef cooked in taco seasoning, and mine had vegetarian maple "sausage," but other than that, they were the same.  Mel loved these so much and said they were the best stuffed peppers he has ever had and gave them a 12 out of 10!  The flavor to me was a 10, but I am a wimp when it comes to spice (Mel loves, loves anything spicy), and the diced chilies (in the diced tomatoes) and the Mexican corn made it too spicy for me, so I prefer it w/o the kick.  I created something similar to this in 2010 called "Mexican Stuffed Peppers," http://animalsfaithmiddleearth.blogspot.com/2010/10/mexican-stuffed-peppers.html .  It's hard to believe I've been doing this blog for that long!  Anyway, I'll make Mel's peppers this way from now on, but mine the "usual" way (which is simply minus the diced chilies & Mexi-corn).

No comments:

Post a Comment