Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Taco Macaroni & Cheese




I made this for our lunch today.  It calls for a specific brand of mac & cheese, but I prefer the kind with the creamy sauce (the generic brand is just as good).  The only other thing I changed was that it called for chips to dip in it, but that sounded gross to both of us, so we skipped the chips.  And I ran out of sour cream for mine (Mel doesn't like sour cream).  I ended up only using the Mexi-corn and splitting the corn & beans between the two of us as neither one of us wanted the whole can of either.

Mel's was made with hamburger and almost the entire pack of taco seasoning.  Mine had only about a TBS of the seasoning and made with veggie "sausage."  We used different salsas.  I forgot to add the tomatoes to Mel's before I took the picture, but his is the 2nd picture and mine is below (I added Mel's tomatoes after).  I only used a tiny bit of my salsa because it was too spicy for me, but next time I'll get a more mild brand.  I love salsa in mac & cheese an often add it when I make it, so this was extra good with the other ingredients as well.  (Adding mustard to mac & cheese is really good too!) 

This is very good and very easy to make.  We both give it a 10!  I will make it often!

No comments:

Post a Comment