Search This Blog

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares




I made this for our dinner last night.  I made 2 different pie plates - Mel's had bacon, and mine had veggie "sausage", but other than that, they were the same.  The recipe called for frozen  toaster hash browns.  However, when we went shopping, I forgot to look for them.  We do our grocery shopping 30 minutes from where we live because the stores are cheaper up the mountain.  Anyway, I had to go to The Family Dollar Store to look for the hash browns (since I didn't want to drive so far just for 1 item), and the only thing they had were mini hash brown rounds.  It would have taken 4 packages to have enough for this recipe.  My only other option was tater tots, so that's what I used for the crust (sorry for the long explanation).  I followed the recipe pretty close, otherwise.  This turned out really yummy, and Mel & I both give it a 10.  Mel already had his leftovers for dinner & I'm going to do the same as soon as I'm done typing this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment