Search This Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Cherry Muffins





Sorry I haven't posted any new recipes for a while.  I took a bad fall on the ice outside of work, and injured my back pretty bad.  I haven't been up to much cooking / baking.  However, since Mel and I don't exchange gifts for Valentine's Day (We save our money for "Mel & Julie Day" on March 6th - the anniversary of the day we met!), I still wanted to bake him something nice.  (I'm also making some yummy blondies in a few days - stay tuned!)

 I can't remember where I found this recipe, but it is actually called Strawberry Bread, so right away it's obvious what I changed.  I prefer muffins over bread, especially if made in liners, so that's why I chose this over making loaves.  Strawberry filling was, for some dumb reason, over $1 more than cherry filling, so that's why I chose cherry.  The only other thing I did different was use lime juice instead of lemon (only because I already had lime at home, and I love cherry limeades - you can't actually taste the lime though).  And it doesn't call for extra fruit on the top, but there was enough in the can leftover, that I wanted to make good use out of it. 

These are really moist and yummy - we both give them a 10!  They are very easy to make.  I will make them again.  In fact, I would love to try them with blueberry (our favorite fruit) and other flavors as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment