Search This Blog

Monday, August 18, 2014

Julie's BBQ Beef or Veggie Sausage Empanadas

 






I made these empanadas for our lunch last night.  I changed the name of the recipe to "Julie's..." because, although I used the concept from the recipe book, what went inside the biscuit was entirely my creation (except for the salsa).  Mel's empanada (pictures 3 & 4) were shredded BBQ beef, medium salsa, corn n peppers, and Italian cheese.  Mine (last 2 pictures) had veggie maple sausage, mild salsa, sour cream, corn n peppers, and Italian cheese.  The recipe called for chicken (I think) and almonds and raisins and other stuff I don't remember.  Mel does not like sweet mixed with meat.  That may have been yummy w/ plain veggie sausage or veggie beef, but I not w/ salsa.  I was more in the mood for the creation I came up with.  Mel & I both loved this so much we had the leftovers for dinner as well.  It is a new favorite recipe that I will make it on a regular basis as we both gave this a huge 10.  Easy to make and not a lot of ingredients.  Best biscuit sandwiches I have ever made.  The only thing I would change next time is using cheddar cheese, but we didn't have any, so I used the cheese we had.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment