Search This Blog

Friday, August 8, 2014

Blueberry Shortbread Squares





I made taco salad http://animalsfaithmiddleearth.blogspot.com/2013/02/mels-favorite-foods-julies-taco-salad.html for our lunch today and these for dessert.  They are supposed to have pecans in them, but pecans are more expensive, and Mel said he prefers walnuts, so that's what I used instead.  I followed the rest of this recipe as is.  Easy to make with not many ingredients.  Mel gave them a 10, but I give them a 9 - I think it would be better with powdered sugar sprinkled on top right after baking.  I would most likely make them again.

P.S.  I picked up the cookbook in the first photo earlier this month.  You'll be seeing numerous recipes from this book all month, including the biscuit pot pie dish on the cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment