Search This Blog

Monday, August 18, 2014

Biscuit Pot Pie




I made this for our dinner tonight (about 2 hours ago).  It's the cover recipe from the cookbook.  I changed it a bit, but stayed pretty close to the concept.  You're supposed to cook chicken in a skillet, then add some of the other ingredients, then mix others, then put in the pan and place biscuits and cheese on top.  Well, Mel had already picked out the pre-cooked roast beef and mine was made w/ veggie maple sausage (Can you tell that's my favorite veggie "meat"?).  We had just gotten back from a walk at the lake and I was too hot and tired to cook anything in the skillet.  So, I just blended all the ingredients together in a bowl and placed them in the pan.  Another way I changed the recipe was to add some salsa to the top before placing the biscuits and the cheese, just to give it an extra kick.  This turned out super yummy, a 10, and Mel and I both loved it!  I will most likely make it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment