Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

Sesame Noodles With Asparagus & Carrots


I made these last night for my dinner.  Usually I don't cook on work nights, but I didn't have any leftovers, so I made this dish.  Well, sort of.  I had to use what I had, & I didn't have asparagus or carrots.  I used green beans, diced tomatoes, & mushrooms.  I also did not have tahini, so I used almond butter.  And I used angel hair pasta instead of whole wheat spaghetti.  And I only had a tiny bit of sesame seeds left.  I had all the other ingredients though, so the sauce was pretty close.  I got the recipe from the "Clean Eating" magazine Cheryl brings to work.  It was very good, an 8 1/2.  I think it would be good with any kind of veggies and even some almond slices.  I used 1 tablespoon instead of 1 teaspoon honey and I think even a little more would be good to give it more of a sweet and sour taste.  And I think a little less vinegar would be better.  It's very similar to the peanut butter spirals (pasta dish) I made a while ago.  This one may have been a bit better.  I would probably make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment